Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flowers (Boutonnières aka Corsages)

Alright, then. Corsages. Tiny little accents of flowers on the the wrist or clothing. Adds class to anything you're wearing. For most weddings, it is customary of the groom, his best men and the families of both the bride and groom to wear corsages. Its sort of like a tag that lets people know you're family or part of the shenanigan, so to speak.

A bit of tradition before I start.
The groom's boutonnière could either be a flower that matches the flowers in the bride's bouquet or a flower that holds a special meaning. Example:

  • a red rose = true love
  • a red chrysanthemum = I love you
  • a stephanotis = happiness in marriage ***
  • a red camellia = you are a flame in my heart
  • an orange blossom = purity, eternal love, marriage

So here we go. Boutonnières or also commonly known as, corsages.

Groom's Boutonnières/Corsage:

So for the groom, I want (he he yes, he'll wear what I want him to wear) something small. Maybe a single flower if its big, or a small bunch if its small enough. Here's some that I think will look nice on him =)





I can't seen to make my mind up about these though. I think I'll let him choose.

  


Best Men Boutonnières/Corsages:

These are nice. I'll let him choose again since it is after all his parade. 

 



Family Boutonnières/Corsages:

Family corsages will have to all be the same. So I'll have to be budget wise a bit. Roses therefore are out of the question. These will do just fine.

 



I like the first and last ones. Albeit totally out of the colour theme, but what the heck. As long as it looks good, eh? 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh... I think your man should wear the corsage with the budget-bride logo. It's sweet yet not overly girly, and his men(assuming he can't decide, men are crap at flowers plus i don't think it's normal if he knows too much) well... those green ones. Matches your garden theme absolutely brilliantly no..?

    ReplyDelete